The following policy applies to all sales on our web sites unless otherwise noted. Some items are sold on a NO RETURN basis, these are clearly marked on the page where you order the product as well as on your receipt that you receive via e-mail.
1. The customer must notify us within 3 days of receipt of merchandise, that they wish to return the merchandise.
2. The customer is responsible for a 10% restocking fee, all shipping costs,
and any duty or tariff charges.
3. Merchandise must be returned in the same condition as it was received.
In order to receive a refund, products must be received in their original
condition with all original packaging.
4. Return postage is the responsibility of the sender. We recommend that when you send us a return package you use an insured and traceable shipping service and that you keep your receipt.
· Shipping charges, if any, are not refundable.
5. Any merchandise shipped from our location must be returned within 20
days of receipt of merchandise.
6. Items shipped via freight carrier or similar must be returned within 45
7. There are some items that we cannot allow returns on, and these items will be marked accordingly with NO RETURN POLICY clearly stated in the item description.
8. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days). We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We work very hard to ensure customer satisfaction. We are happy to state we have had very little merchandise returned. We do our best to clearly photograph and accurately describe each item so nothing is misrepresented. We want you to feel comfortable doing business with us. If you have any questions about our merchandise, please email or call us; we will be happy to provide the information you need.
Why we charge a restocking fee:
There is a misconception that companies benefit from returns and restocking charges. We do not profit from returns; in fact, if an item is returned, it costs us money.
Here are a few reasons why returns cost us money:
1. Credit card transaction fees…up to 4% and "non refundable".. when a credit card is credited for an item returned.
2.It takes us time to remove an item from inventory and package it, and then to receive the item and place it back into inventory.
3.Some items are stored in our warehouse, and they have to be brought out and packaged, when returned, they must go back to storage.
4.When returning a product, we will incur most of the above charges again for re-processing, repackaging and restocking. Our employees are not "volunteers" and we simply cannot "volunteer" our time, otherwise we could not afford to be in business.
American Woodworking Academy Home Page